Problem in installing typescript

I cannot find typescript in Package Control: Install Package. It shows something like this:

What to do now?

Hi @santanusingh018 ,
On Mac open the terminal and run:

cd ~/"Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3/Packages" 
git clone --depth 1 https://github.com/Microsoft/TypeScript-Sublime-Plugin.git TypeScript

And on Windows:

cd "%APPDATA%\Sublime Text 3\Packages" 
git clone --depth 1 https://github.com/Microsoft/TypeScript-Sublime-Plugin.git TypeScript

Now restart sublime. Now you can use Package Control: Install Package to install the typescript package.

Do let me know if you need any other help.

@raghav.srivastava still can’t get the option for typescript.
In the command prompt it writes:
‘git’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Hi @santanusingh018 ,
Please install git and then do the steps mentioned above. Install it from here.

@raghav.srivastava thank you now I got typescript.

1 Like

Sir it is still the same way…I have reinstalled sublime with your link
Please help

@20pa1a1258 please uninstall and reinstall latest version of sublime text.

Sir,I have done what you have told upto to this step but still it didn’t reflect in my sublime editor. Can you please help me with this,sir?

Hi @Rohit ,

If you are still unable to install TypeScript via Package Control, you can try manual installation. Here are the steps for manual installation:

1. Locate the Packages Directory: Open Sublime Text, go to Preferences > Browse Packages.... This will open the Packages directory in your file manager.
  2. Create a “TypeScript” Folder: Inside the Packages directory, create a new folder named TypeScript.
  3. Download the Package Files: Visit the TypeScript package repository on GitHub: GitHub - microsoft/TypeScript-Sublime-Plugin: IO wrapper around TypeScript language services, allowing for easy consumption by editor plugins. Click on the green “Code” button, and then select “Download ZIP”.
  4. Extract and Move Files: Extract the downloaded ZIP file and move its contents (typically a folder named TypeScript-Sublime-Plugin-master) into the TypeScript folder you created in Step 2.
  5. Restart Sublime Text: After moving the files, restart Sublime Text to ensure the package is loaded correctly.